Keto Meatballs takes a delicious dish that we have all loved for many, many years: meatballs with eggs and gravy. While there is a version of this meal in almost every culture, this version takes the one most famous in South Asian cuisine and gives it a keto twist. You can enjoy your favourite food without losing any of the flavour or the taste, even while on a ketogenic diet!
Each serving has 6 net carbohydrates.
- 450 g mince beef
- 170 g onions
- 5 green chilies
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 ginger
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds crushed
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp chili flakes crushed
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander roughly chopped
- 7 eggs
- 2 tbsp greek yogurt
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 8 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp paprika powder deggi mirch
- 1 tsp fenugreek leaves
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp garlic
- 200 g tomatoes
- Add mince to chopper, along with half a small onion or 70g, green chilies, garlic cloves, ginger, crushed cumin seeds, 1/4 tsp of garam masala, 1 tsp of red chili powder, crushed chili flakes, turmeric powder and fresh coriander.
- Grind everything together.
- Take the mince out and put it in a bowl.
- Now add 1 egg and greek yogurt to the mince.
- Mix well.
- Now add 3/4 tsp of salt and mix.
- Cover the mince and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, make meatballs out of the mince.
- Take a pan and add 1 1/2 tbsp of olive oil to it.
- Add the meatballs to the oil when it's hot enough, and fry them just enough to seal the juices in.
- When they have fried lightly, take them out.
- Add 2 - 3 tbsp of olive oil to the same pan.
- Once it is hot enough, add 100g of onions.
- Saute lightly.
- Now add 1 tsp each of ginger garlic and tomatoes.
- Cook until tomatoes soften.
- Then add a little bit of water, and let it cool down.
- Now blend into a smooth gravy.
- Take the same pan, and add 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- Pour the blended gravy once the oil is hot enough.
- Now add 1 tsp of red chili powder, 1/4 tsp of garam masala powder, deggi mirch and salt to taste.
- Cook until the oil separates.
- Now add fenugreek leaves.
- Then add the meatballs.
- Add water, and turn up the heat to bring it to boil. Then turn it down again.
- Cook until the gravy turns thick and the meatballs are cooked nicely.
- While you're doing that, take another pan and put 6 eggs to hard boil.
- Serve with boiled eggs and garnish with fresh coriander, and enjoy with keto roti or keto naan.