Do you miss roti/chapati in keto diet?
Surely you already know that on the Keto diet, it is not allowed to eat corn and wheat chapati/roti, due to their high glycemic impact on the blood and high carbohydrate content. And honestly, the roti is missing in that diet.
For that reason, I created a Keto chapati recipe, to be able to make the best Asian recipes: tacos, paratha roll, shawarma roll and to be able to continue eating the best Asian dishes without regrets.
This recipe is very easy and now the ingredients are easy to find in supermarkets.
- 3/4 cup Almond flour
- 1/3 cup Flaxseed flour
- 1/3 cup Oats fiber
- 1/2 tbsp Xanthan gum
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- Salt to taste
- 3/4 cup Hot water
- In a bowl add almond flour, flaxseed flour, oats fiber, xanthan gum, baking powder and salt. Mix it well.
- Now make soft dough with hot water and set a side for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into equal balls, according to your macros.
- Now take some parchment paper, lay out a dough ball on the paper. Cover the dough with it, and roll very carefully on top of the paper.
- Use a cutter or a round shaped plate to make a perfect circle or cook as it is.
- Cook the roti or tortillas on one side, then flip it over and cook on the other side, both on low heat.
- Serve with any kind of curry or make a sandwich wrap, tacos, etc.