A chai latte is a popular hot beverage made from a spiced tea concentrate and steamed milk. The tea concentrate typically includes a combination of black tea, spices such as cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, and cloves, and sweeteners such as honey or sugar. The concentrate is mixed with steamed milk and often topped with foam.
Chai latte can be enjoyed as a comforting and flavorful alternative to coffee or regular tea. It’s commonly found in coffee shops and cafes, and can also be made at home using pre-made concentrate or by brewing your own tea blend. Today I created chai latte in keto style.
Here’s a simple recipe for a keto-friendly chai latte:
Keto Chai Latte
- 4 Green Cardamoms
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 3 Cloves
- 2 Star Anise
- 8 Black pepper
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 tbsp Ginger
- 2 Tea Bags
- 1 Tsp Stevia
- 2 Cups Unsweetened Almond milk
- Toast the whole spices in a pan until you can smell the fragrant. Add water along with ginger and bring to boil. Turn off the flame, cover for 5 minutes.
- Turn on the flame, add tea bags and sweetener. Bring to boil and turn off the flame. Cover for 5 minutes. Strain the tea and set aside.
- Heat up the almond milk in a small saucepan over medium heat until it begins to simmer.
- Use a frother or blender to blend the hot milk until frothy. Pour the spiced chai halfway into a mug, then pour milk on top and enjoy!
- This recipe yields 4 servings and has approximately 1g net carbs per serving, depending on the sweetener you use.